For most of us, crying is something us associate through being one of two people sad, angry, happy or in a fit of laughter – it’s all resulted in by emotions or circumstances.
You are watching: Why do you have to blow your nose after crying
But, is there much more to crying 보다 meets the watery eye? It shows up that crying can actually be an excellent for your health and wellness – and also not just since it provides you an emotionally release.
Women are definitely ahead here - ~ above average, we cry 47 time a year and men just seven, according to Netdoctor.
However, if the research below is noþeles to walk by, we need to all - both ladies and males - be letting the waterworks pour once in a while... 1. Stress and tensionAs us touched top top above, we can’t ignore just how relieving a good cry have the right to be. It helps us to mitigate anxiety levels, stress and tension and also clear our minds. The much longer we retain emotion, the an ext likely we are to, at part point, cook over.
According to Netdoctor, 88.8% of people feel much better after crying – just 8.4% feeling worse.
MORE: The best surefire method to minimize stress this year
2. It provides you happierCrying and also feeling sad when your situation calls because that it is important, permitting us to feeling every emotion in its life form. This way we can really appreciate it as soon as we are happy and enjoy a an excellent laugh once something amuses us. Every time we break down, cry and pull ourselves ago together, we reassure ourselves that we are strong enough to carry out so.
3. Clears toxinsAs with most liquids the come out of our bodies, tears assist to get rid of toxins. When we cry, our tears take it away several of the chemistry that develop up during emotional stress.
4. It deserve to clear her noseTears travel v a tear duct and through the nasal passage whereby they come into contact with mucus. If over there is a develop up of rubber here, the tears can loosen that and help flush out your nose. Ever before wondered why you gain so snotty when you cry?
MORE: This is the best way to blow her nose
5. Lower blood pressureStudies have uncovered that crying can lower blood pressure and heart rate. This effect was checked out on people who had gone v intense treatment sessions throughout which lock they had actually cried a lot.
6. Clean your eyesOur eyeballs need constant lubrication to defend them from dust and also bacteria. If our eye come into call with these, they begin to water and also create their own anti-bacterial tears to wash them away.
See more: Where Is Bulbasaur In Pokemon Yellow : How To Catch Bulbasaur
All images: Getty
Like this? subscribe to the an excellent Housekeeping newsletter.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this web page to assist users carry out their email addresses. Girlfriend may have the ability to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io