Polarity, Cellularity (specializd contacts-cells fit closely together) , supported by Connective tissue, Avascularity and also Regeneration
1. Protection; epithelium extending body surface ar protects versus bacterial invasion and chemical damage. 2. Absorption; epithelium devoted to absorb substances present the stomach and small intestines. 3. Filtration; in kidney tubules, epithelium filters (and absorbs and secretes) 4. Excretion; Sweat is excreted native the human body by epithelial cells in the sweat glands 5. Secretion; In glands, epithelial tissue is devoted to secrete certain chemical building material such together enzymes, hormones and lubricating fluids
Stratified epithelia has an ext layers because that protection, basic epithelia permit materials come move throughout them and also are much less protective.
You are watching: Lines body cavities and covers the body’s external surface
Lining of the trachea, most of the top respiratory tract. There function is to secrete substances, mucus; propulsion of rubber by ciliary action.
- when stretched, its height layers space squamous, as soon as not stretched, top layers are pillow shaped.
- The surface cells have the capability to slide end one another, raising the interior volume of the organ.
Transitional epithelium is in reality stratified squamous epithelium with special characteristics. Just how does it differ structurally from other stratified squamous epithelia? how does the structural difference support the function?
Endocrine glands room ductless, and also there function is to relax all hormones right into the extracellular liquid where they go into blood stream and lymphatic vessels. Yet Exocrine glands have actually ducts, and also they secrete through the ducts come an epithelial surface.
1. Well-off supply of blood vessels. 2. Written of many species of cells. 3. Over there is a good deal of noncellular, nonliving material (matrix) between the cell of connective tissues.
There is a wide variety in the frameworks of connective tissue. This is reflect in the wide range of functions they perform. Also, the large amount that nonliving matrix seen offers the strength essential to protect the body and also carry out the normal features of the body.
See more: What Is 0.45 As A Fraction In Simplest Form : Basic, How To Write 0
- forms the larynx the costal cartilages of the ribs and also the embryonic skeleton
- firm structurally amorphous matrix greatly invaded v fibers; shows up glassy and also smooth
They contain a big fat-filled vacuole occupying most of the cabinet volume. The cell core is pushed to the periphery, providing the cabinet a "signet ring" appearance.
Neurons command impulses over reasonably long ranges in the body, this is promoted by their long cytoplasmic extensions