Note:If you great to examine whether you have master this questions, girlfriend may click the button above to exercise with questions just from this DMV topic.If you execute not have actually an account yet, sign Up one now, the is FREE!
You are watching: It is safe to return to your lane after passing when
In general, you must pass vehicles going in the same direction as you room going A. top top the right.B. ~ above the left.C. just if the other driver signals it is safe.D. whenever you have the opportunity to perform so.
Explanation : the regulation requires that us drive ~ above the ideal side that the road. When passing is allowed, we commonly pass various other vehicles ~ above the left. Pass on the best is permitted just in limited circumstances, and should be excellent only as soon as necessary and safe to do so.
2. You might drive turn off from the paved roadway come pass another vehicle: A. If the shoulder is vast enough come accommodate your vehicleB. If the car ahead of friend is turning left.C. Under no circumstances
3. If you plan to pass another vehicle, girlfriend should: A. not assume the various other driver will make room for you to go back to your lane.B. assume the various other driver will let you happen if you usage your turn signal.C. assume the other driver will keep a constant speed.
4. After you have actually passed a car you must return come the best lane once you A. watch the prior bumper the the other auto in your mirror.B. have put your revolve signal on.C. have turned her headlights on.D. see the various other car"s headlights come on.
Explanation : once passing, move totally into the left lane. Before returning come the appropriate lane, signal and also look in ~ your inner rearview mirror and make sure you deserve to see the former bumper that the car you just passed.
5. What does it average when a college bus is stopped and its red lights room flashing A. You may pass if no kids are on the road.B. You may not happen while the red lights room flashing.C. You may pass if you are facing the former of the bus.D. You might pass if the is on the various other side the a split highway.
Explanation : once a stopped school bus flashes its red light(s), traffic approaching from one of two people direction, also in prior of the school and also in college parking lots, must stop before reaching the bus. You should stop at least 20 feet (6 m) far from the bus.
6. You room driving in the center lane top top a three lane expressway. A car begins to pass you ~ above the right. The action of the driver are A. Wrong due to the fact that "pass come the left" is a for sure rule.B. Wrong due to the fact that he"s passing you in your "blind spot".C. ok as lengthy as the does it on a minimal access highway.D. yes sir if no indicators forbid pass on the right.
Explanation : prior to you pass on the ideal on multilane roads such together expressways, make sure you examine your mirrors, usage the appropriate signals for lane change, and also look over your appropriate shoulder for various other vehicles.
7. When you desire to overtake and pass another vehicle girlfriend should A. Wait because that a signal indigenous the various other driver.B. change lanes conveniently so the other driver will watch you.C. Signal and pass when safe to do so.D. remain close behind so girlfriend need much less time to pass.
Explanation : If conditions are right for passing, inspect in your mirrors and signal your lane change. Before pulling into the left lane, glance briefly over your left shoulder, with the behind side window, come make sure no automobile is passing you or nearby behind friend in
8. In which of the following situations is passing constantly forbidden A. The auto ahead is do a left turn.B. You room on a one-way street which has actually two lanes.C. The automobile ahead is stopped for a pedestrian in a crosswalk.D. The auto ahead is going to park parallel come the curb.
Explanation : The law requires friend to usage directional or hand signals at the very least 100 feet (30 m) before making a lane change. You might never pass a car which has stopped at a crosswalk to allow a pedestrian to cross.
9. When passing an additional vehicle, that is for sure to return to your lane if you: A. Cannot check out the car directly to her right.B. see the vehicle’s headlights in her rear check out mirror.C. have actually passed the various other vehicle’s prior bumper.
10. The car behind you begins to pass you. Friend should A. maintain your speed so website traffic will flow smoothly.B. traction to the right and also stop therefore he have the right to pass.C. slow-moving down slightly and also stay in her lane.D. Blow your horn to permit him come pass.
Explanation : If one more vehicle overcome you top top the left, slow down slightly and keep to the right. As soon as the automobile has safe passed and also is fine ahead that you, resume your common speed.
11. You might pass one more vehicle on the appropriate if the is wait to A. turn right.B. turn left.C. Park at the curb.D. Turn right into a driveway ~ above the right.
Explanation : You should usually pass other vehicles ~ above the left, yet passing on the best is permitted in details situations.
12. You may cross twin yellow lines to pass one more vehicle if the: A. vehicle in former of you moves to the best to let you passB. Yellow line next to your next of the road is brokenC. Yellow line alongside the other side of the roadway is brokenD. none of the above
13. A heavy yellow line beside a damaged yellow line means that vehicles: A. In both directions may pass.B. alongside the damaged line may pass.C.
See more: How Many Kool Aid Packets For A Gallon, How Many Packs Of Kool Aid Mix Makes 1 Gallon
alongside the solid line might pass.
Practice these 13 Questions currently various other DMV test Topics exercise Driving test #1 practice Driving check #2
If you wish to inspect whether you have master this questions, girlfriend may click on the over button to practice with questions just from this DMV topic.If you perform not have actually an account yet, authorize Up one now, it is FREE!