Style Switcher: Pick style...Butterfree Celebi Modern DewgongAxe-MurdererDialga Scyther Shiny NinetalesNidoking MewHellfire Spectrum Articuno Torkoal
Honey Trees

One of the many annoying features of Diamond, Pearl and also Platinum are the miscellaneous golden, sweet-smelling tree scattered around the region, which can be slathered with Honey in order to entice a Pokémon six hrs later. But how carry out they work and also how execute you use them efficiently?

The Trees

There room 21 honey trees in the game, located on paths 205-215 (with one on each side of paths 205, 210 and 212), 218, 221 and 222, as well as in Floaroma Meadow, valley Windworks, Fuego Ironworks and Eterna Forest. They room a peculiar golden color, and if you inspect them v the A button, you will be told the "There is a sweet scent in the air..." If you have actually the items Honey, you will then be provided the choice to slather the bark the the tree v honey. The honey item is uncovered in assorted locations approximately Sinnoh, but it can also be choose up after fight with a Combee"s honey Gather ability, and a man on the left next of Floaroma meadow will sell it come you because that P100. In Diamond and Pearl, you can only buy one in ~ a time, however in Platinum you have a an option of to buy one or ten, which conserves a many time.

You are watching: How to get munchlax in pokemon platinum

After you have actually slathered a tree once, it is possible to slather the same tree with an ext Honey, but this does not influence anything; the second slathering simply overrides the first. After 6 to twenty-four hours of actual time (not gameplay time), you deserve to then return to the tree to uncover it shaking; if girlfriend then inspect the tree v A, you will be sent into battle with one of several feasible Pokémon, most of which cannot be discovered anywhere rather in the games.

What the video game doesn"t tell you is the the tree are break-up into two types, normal trees and Munchlax trees. Munchlax trees produce rarer Pokémon more often than common trees and having a chance to develop Munchlax, which normal trees execute not have. Only three or four of the 21 honey trees in the game are Munchlax trees, and also which ones lock are relies on your trainer id number and the covert "secret ID", both of i m sorry are set at the start of the game. There are almost always four Munchlax trees, however due come a bug in the means that the game tries to ensure it picks four different trees, there is a tiny chance (about 0.93%) that two of the 4 designated Munchlax trees will certainly actually be the same, causing there successfully only gift three.

While your secret ID can"t be seen during normal gameplay and also thus the trees that rely on that space most most likely going to need to remain a secret to you, your typical trainer ID deserve to be seen conveniently on her trainer card, and also that should provide you two of your Munchlax trees, which is plenty. To uncover them, an initial take your trainer identifier number and also divide that by 256; among your trees will certainly be determined by the an outcome (rounded down), when the other will be determined by the remainder. For each that them, division the outcome by 21 and also look increase the tree corresponding to the remainder in the list of love husband tree locations below (the number in parentheses alongside the ar of each tree). Alternatively, just go into your trainer ID right into this calculator and also it will tell you your trees:

Trainer i would number: gain my Munchlax trees!

Barring the normal/Munchlax tree distinction, the trees room functionally totally interchangeable; if you check out something about, say, the Floaroma grassland or valley Windworks tree gift special, that is only true if those take place to it is in Munchlax trees on your game.

Honey Tree Locations

Route 205, Floaroma city side (0)Head appropriate from Floaroma Town till you get to the bridge. Go up it and also the tree is just on the left.Route 205, Eterna City side (1)Fly to Eterna City and also head left. Instead of going over the bridge, walk up as soon as you get near the lake, and the love husband tree will be there, with a practically grassless course leading up to it.Route 206 (2)Requires Cut. fly to Oreburgh City and also head increase onto route 207. Get on her Bicycle, go into the pit top top the right and also then up the mudslide. Head directly up till you obtain to path 206 and go down the an initial set of stairs, then appropriate to wherein the Cuttable bushes are. Reduced the left one and then simply cycle right upwards; you"ll finish up at the tree. Unfortunately you"ll have to go through several grass tiles on the way, to run the risk of encountering wild Pokémon.Route 207 (3)Fly come Oreburgh City and also head increase onto course 207. Obtain on her Bicycle, go into the pit on the right and also then up the mudslide. If you save going up a bit, the tree will certainly be simply on your appropriate by the mountainside.Route 208 (4)Fly to Hearthome City. Go out through the west exit onto course 208 and then walk down around the grass; over there is a succinct grassless course leading right to the tree.Route 209 (5)Fly come Solaceon Town. Head down from the town, under the mudslide right into the an initial pit on your means and increase from it again, previous the next pit on her left, and then rotate left. The tree will be simply there.Route 210, Solaceon town side (6)Fly to Solaceon Town. Head upwards ~ above the "breeding route", rotate right as soon as you"re past all the extra-tall grass, and also turn down into the convenient space in the grass by the sheet of the woodland on the right. The tree is under in that gap.Route 210, Celestic city side (7)Fly come Solaceon Town. Head right upwards top top the "breeding route" and also up through the gap in the tree at the top, all the means until you gain to the extra-tall grass. Acquire off her bike and also run straight up v all the grass, climate head top top up till you gain into the misty component of the route. Go best there, where the black color Belt is, and also walk a little farther increase to discover the love husband tree.Route 211 (8)Fly to Celestic Town and also go the end the left departure onto course 211. The tree is in the grass job (no convenient grassless path up come it this time) by the mountainside above.Route 212, Hearthome City side (9)Fly to Hearthome City and take the south exit. If you keep left ~ exiting the gatehouse, the honey tree is in the very first pocket the non-forest over there on the left.Route 212, Pastoria City side (10)Fly to Pastoria City and also head west right into the marsh. When you get to the grass, walk left with where there are only two tiles that grass, walk one tile into the bog, and then monitor the best edge of the muddy area up every the method until you obtain to the tree; this will gain you directly to the love husband tree without getting stuck in the bog at all. Top top Platinum you deserve to take some shortcuts, but because they space visible as lighter tiles, I"ll leave you to number that out.Route 213 (11)Requires rock Smash. fly to Pastoria City and also head out the eastern exit that the city. Head straight appropriate from the gatehouse, with the grass, and then go under onto the beach. Walk left just above Dr. Footstep"s house and also smash the absent in the narrow route there. Then simply go ~ above left and also the tree will be there.Route 214 (12)Fly come Veilstone City and also go down onto path 214. Head down the route whichever method you like, but when you"re about to obtain to the departure to Valor Lakefront, acquire into the grass on the left, go a small down and also then best to acquire to the tree.Route 215 (13)Fly come Solaceon Town. Get on her bike and also head increase the "breeding route", climate head best onto course 215. Go up the first stairs, increase the leg there, down the stairs, and then up. The tree will certainly be there.Route 218 (14)Fly to Canalave City. Take the right leave out of town and head straight appropriate from the gatehouse. You"ll walk right past the tree.Route 221 (15)Fly to Pal Park. Go down the tiny stairs and also then head directly leftwards until you gain to the tree over you.Route 222 (16)Fly to Sunyshore City. Go the end the west exit and then go directly up from the gatehouse to uncover the tree.Valley Windworks (17)Head straight right from Floaroma Town till you gain to the cliffside. The honey tree will be simply a bit over you.Eterna forest (18)Requires Cut. paris to Eterna City and also head west the end of town. Go over the bridge, yet then proceed straight left rather of following the route upwards to wherein you would ordinarily think you"re claimed to enter Eterna Forest. Walk down; there will be 2 Cuttable bushes in her way. Reduced one the them and also continue top top the narrow mountain pass that leads downwards until you can go down right into the forest again. The road there will fork, with a heat of tree separating an top path and also a reduced path i m sorry both command west; take the reduced one and also you will certainly reach the honey tree wherein the path turns down.Fuego Ironworks (19)Requires Surf. There space three methods to obtain to this tree. My wanted one is to slather it just after slathering the Eterna forest tree; follow the accuse to obtain to the tree, head downwards indigenous there, cut one of the Cuttable bushes in her way, and also head ~ above downwards onto course 205. Go down previous the house and then under the stairs on the appropriate there. Head top top down and jump off the ledge, then turn left under the leg there and Surf into the water, complying with the river upwards from there until you get to Fuego Ironworks, where the honey tree is right near the financial institution where you acquire off. This has the advantage of no requiring any kind of walking with grass, despite of course you can encounter part wild Pokémon top top the quick swim upstream. Alternatively, however, girlfriend can likewise simply head appropriate from Floaroma Town and Surf right into the river above pretty much as quickly as you can, or you can run increase the leg there, go up v the grass on your left, again down the stairway just above to the right, up through the grass over you to the right, and also then Surf right into the water a bit above when you"ve unable to do under the bridge. That all counts on how the opportunity of encountering wild Pokémon weighs in because that you contrasted to exactly how long and also twisted the actual path to the tree is.Floaroma grassland (20)Fly come Floaroma Town and enter the grassland in the northwest corner of the town. Monitor the narrow flowerless route up past the male who sells friend Honey and also then east. The love husband tree is right next to the residence where the route ends.

Honey Tree Pokémon

The Pokémon found on love husband trees space the following, all found at a arbitrarily level in between 5 and 15 inclusive:

WurmpleSilcoon (Diamond only)Cascoon (Pearl only)CombeeBurmyCherubiAipomHeracrossMunchlax

But in spite of what some websites would have actually you believe, it"s no as basic as that. The means honey trees job-related is that there are three "columns" and six "rows" of love husband tree Pokémon for each game:

Diamond/PearlPlatinumRarityColumn 1Column 2Column 3Column 1Column 2Column 340%20%20%10%5%5%
WurmpleCombeeMunchlaxCombeeBurmyMunchlax
Silcoon/CascoonBurmyMunchlaxWurmpleCherubiMunchlax
CombeeCherubiMunchlaxBurmyCombeeMunchlax
BurmyAipomMunchlaxCherubiAipomMunchlax
CherubiHeracrossMunchlaxAipomAipomMunchlax
AipomWurmpleMunchlaxAipomHeracrossMunchlax

If the tree is a common tree, over there is a 70% opportunity that the Pokémon come be discovered will be picked from column 1, a 20% opportunity that it will certainly be choose from pillar 2, and a 10% opportunity that no Pokémon will be discovered at all. If the tree is a Munchlax tree, there is a 20% chance that the Pokémon will certainly be picked from pillar 1, a 70% possibility that it will certainly be choose from obelisk 2, a 1% opportunity that it will be choose from column 3 (which obviously method that it will inevitably be a Munchlax), and also a 9% chance that no Pokémon will certainly be discovered at all. The heat the Pokémon will certainly come from is additionally determined randomly, in accordance through the rarity percentages noted in the above table.

The an outcome is usually the following overall rarities because that the individual Pokémon:

Diamond/PearlPlatinumPokémonNormal treeMunchlax treeNormal treeMunchlax treeWurmpleSilcoon/CascoonCombeeBurmyCherubiAipomHeracrossMunchlaxNo Pokémon
29%11.5%14%4%
14%4%0%0%
22%32%32%22%
11%16%22%32%
7.5%15%11%16%
5.5%8%10%12.5%
1%3.5%1%3.5%
0%1%0%1%
10%9%10%9%

Naturally, if girlfriend don"t understand whether the tree girlfriend are currently slathering is a Munchlax tree, friend will have to approximate the really percentage chance of finding every Pokémon in any type of given tree as being somewhere in between, if substantially closer come the worth for typical trees, depending on how numerous Munchlax trees you don"t understand of.

However, this is still not the complete story, since in fact, if you slather a tree immediately after fighting a Pokémon in that exact same tree (or in fact at any allude after fighting a Pokémon in that same tree if you have not combated Pokémon native or slathered any other trees in between), the tree will have actually a 90% opportunity of choose a Pokémon indigenous the same tower as before. In the other 10% the cases, the obelisk will be identified randomly. Note that this only goes for the column - it will certainly still randomly generate a row as with normal. What this means is the if you do take place to gain a Munchlax ~ above a tree and slather that tree immediately afterwards, friend will have a 90% possibility (90.1%, in fact, due to the fact that it might also randomly soil on obelisk 3) of getting one more Munchlax come appear! it also way that if you are playing D/P and you just discovered a Silcoon or Cascoon, or if you room playing Platinum and just found a Wurmple, walk slather some various other tree first if you to be hoping to get a Heracross from this one.

Mechanics

When girlfriend slather a honey tree, a value X is randomly created in accordance with the shaft percentages discussed above: if you"re slathering a new normal tree, X has actually a 10% chance of being 0, a 70% possibility of being 1 and also a 20% chance of being 2; if you"re slathering a brand-new Munchlax tree, X has actually a 9% chance of gift 0, a 20% chance of gift 1, a 70% chance of being 2 and also a 1% opportunity of being 3; and also if you"re slathering the critical tree you combated a Pokémon from there is no slathering any type of other trees in between, the will have a 90% possibility of taking the very same value together it did last time and a 10% opportunity of being identified as if you to be slathering a brand-new tree the the very same type.

Now, if X is 0, the tree will certainly not attract any type of Pokémon; otherwise, the Pokémon that shows up will be preferred from the shaft denoted by X. If a Pokémon is come appear, an additional random number between 0 and 99 is generated, yielding the Pokémon indigenous a randomly selected heat of that tower with the odds listed in the an initial table over (40% possibility of the first Pokémon in the column, 20% chance of the second, 20% possibility of the third, 10% opportunity of the fourth, 5% chance of the fifth and 5% opportunity of the sixth). Finally, yet an additional random number between 0 and 99 is created in order to recognize the so-called shake value, i beg your pardon determines exactly how much the tree have to shake as soon as the Pokémon appears in the tree: if X is 1, the shake value has actually a 20% chance of gift 0, a 59% chance of being 1, a 20% chance of being 2, and a 1% opportunity of gift 3; if X is 2, the shower value has a 1% possibility of gift 0, a 20% possibility of gift 1, a 75% possibility of being 2, and also a 4% possibility of being 3; and also if X is 3, the shake value has a 1% possibility of gift 0, a 1% possibility of being 1, a 5% chance of gift 2, and also a 93% opportunity of gift 3. This is all stored.

There is one more important thing to note at this point. The determination of the column, Pokémon and also shake worth is all happening when you slather the tree. This method that if you save the game prior to checking a honey tree, restarting will certainly not adjust what Pokémon shows up or exactly how much the shakes - there is no means to just reset until the Pokémon in the tree is a Heracross or Munchlax. Top top the upper and lower reversal side, the also means that if X is 0 - that is, if no Pokémon appears - the video game knows that appropriate away, and also by just checking the tree again, you have the right to make certain you"re not waiting six hrs for nothing: if it states "The bark is slathered through Honey...", an actual Pokémon has actually been generated and is waiting to show up in six hours, but if it states "There is a sweet odor in the air..." as with before you slathered the tree in the an initial place, it means that X is 0 and also no Pokémon is going come appear. Climate there is nothing avoiding you from just slathering the tree again and also rechecking it until it does speak "The bark is slathered through Honey...", hence guaranteeing girlfriend an actual Pokémon as soon as you return to examine the tree in six hours.

A countdown timer, initialized in ~ 23 hours and 59 minutes, is additionally started as soon as you slather the tree. Once this timer reaches 17 hours and also 59 minutes - six hrs after slathering the tree, that is - the tree will certainly be prepared to let you encounter your Pokémon and begin to shake (or not) in accordance through the shake value: a shake worth of 0 way the tree will certainly not shake at all, a shake worth of 1 means it will certainly shake a little, a shake worth of 2 means it will swing emphatically earlier and forth, and the rare shake value of 3 method it will certainly shake particularly fast. Basically, what this means is the the strongness of the shower is on median proportional to the rarity the the Pokémon in the tree: shaft 1 Pokémon space the many common and most typically take ~ above a shake value of 1, tower 2 Pokémon are somewhat rarer and also usually take on a shake worth of 2, and Munchlax, the rarest the all, will almost always result in a shake value of 3. Nonetheless, this is not a reliable indicator that anything: statistically, that is much liklier that a tree that"s shaking quick simply has a tower 1 or 2 Pokémon however happened to generate an unlikely shake value than the it"s a Munchlax.

When the timer get zero, you"ve missed her chance: the Pokémon disappears, the tree stops shaking, and the honey you slathered it through is gone. Assuming, however, the you examine the tree while it is shaking, the video game will generate the level, IVs and personality worth (the value that identify things like gender, nature and Wurmple"s future evolution) for the Pokémon and lets you battle it. In other words, these worths will be regenerated if you save in former of the tree and restart, permitting you to save and also reset for a mrs Combee or a details gender that Burmy, because that instance, provided the tree has actually a Combee or Burmy.

Strategy

To get the Pokémon you want from honey trees, the is ideal to slather all her trees in ~ once. This deserve to be managed fairly easily in ~ the room of ten to fifteen minute if you"re familiar with the locations of the trees, usage the bike and also save time through slathering close tree in the same trip without Flying, even permitting for occasional quick wild Pokémon encounters and checking to make certain each tree is obtaining a Pokémon and also reslathering whereby needed. I indicate taking the complying with trips, in any type of order:

Fly come Eterna City, walk west and slather the Route 205 Eterna City side tree, walk on from there to the Eterna Forest tree, from there head my preferred means to the Fuego Ironworks tree, Surf directly over the river and also enter the north end of Floaroma Meadow to gain to that is tree, departure the meadow right into Floaroma Town and also head straight east from the city and slather the Route 205 Floaroma city side tree top top the means before heading on eastern to the Valley Windworks tree.Fly to Oreburgh City, walk north onto course 207, get on her bike and go up the mudslide from the pit, slather the Route 207 tree through the mountainside above, and also then walk on phibìc to the Route 206 tree.Fly come Hearthome City, take the west leave to slather the Route 208 tree, go earlier into the city and then under the south exit to the Route 212 Hearthome City side tree, head earlier up and go on straight through the east exit till you acquire to the Route 209 tree, climate head top top up through Solaceon town, walk west to the Route 210 Solaceon city side tree, climate a little bit on west onto Route 215 for its tree, and finally earlier east onto course 210 come head north to wherein the Route 210 Celestic city side tree is.Fly come Celestic Town and also go west come the Route 211 tree.Fly to Pastoria City, walk west into the marsh for the Route 212 Pastoria City side tree, then go earlier through the town and out the east exit come head come the Route 213 tree.Fly to Veilstone City and also go down to the Route 214 tree.Fly come Canalave City and go eastern to the Route 218 tree.Fly come Pal Park and run west come slather the Route 221 tree.Fly come Sunyshore City and also slather the Route 222 tree just exterior the west exit.

Always remember to examine every tree ~ slathering it come make certain there"s a Pokémon in it. Nothing is more annoying 보다 waiting six hours only to uncover the tree was never going to have a Pokémon in the an initial place.

When check the tree six hours later, do a similar trip; be certain to have a Pokémon through plenty the PP in offensive moves to save you the problem of going to the Pokémon facility in between, due to the fact that most that what you uncover will it is in the exact same old Wurmple or Combee the you"ll have actually caught already and you"ll want to dispose of them conveniently to save time. Note, however, that you should not slather each tree immediately after that unless you space absolutely particular that the Pokémon you just dealt with in it come from the pillar you want, many thanks to the 90% opportunity of sticking with the same column; otherwise her trees might end up stuck to the not correct one. Also though that wastes time, you"re far better off do two different round trips, one to check and fight the Pokémon in every the trees, and also then another to slather them every afterwards. This also has the benefit of no wasting your time reslathering fifty percent of her trees only to uncover that the following one finished up getting you the critical Pokémon you desire so the you won"t actually have to slather any much more trees.

It have the right to be surprisingly useful to create down somewhere what Pokémon you get from each tree, since it will take it you a while to obtain at the very least Munchlax and Heracross, and it is enormously useful if friend can start to suspect several of your trees of gift Munchlax tree (which have a better chance of gaining you both the these most elusive the the honey tree Pokémon); if you"re starting to tire of slathering every single tree, or if you"re only searching for Munchlax, it have the right to be nice to have the ability to at the very least narrow it under somewhat more (but do remember that since you only get to slather every tree once every six hours anyway, it"s normally worth it to slather every tree rather than simply sticking through the Munchlax trees you can determine from her trainer ID).

The last tip ns can offer you is just to it is in patient. Six hrs seems prefer a mind-numbingly lengthy time come wait because that one Pokémon, yet you can regulate at least three slatherings a day, and also three slatherings of every the tree in the game way sixty-three honey tree encounters in ~ one day. You have actually a great chance of gaining Heracross within two days this way. And the unpreventable subset that twelve Munchlax tree to meet every day, if substantially slower, will certainly be quite most likely to finish up obtaining you a Munchlax in ~ a pair of weeks. Sooner if you"re lucky, for both that them. It"s no as hopeless together it seems.

See more: Which Diplomatic Style Most Promoted Military Action? ? Us History Chapter 5 Flashcards

To offer credit wherein it"s due, the an easy mechanics of honey trees were uncovered from the video game program by Sabresite and also SCV. After I debated their nonsensical rarity tables ~ above Bulbapedia, a_magical_me to be the one that looked at the password again and found your mistakes to confirm my experimental data from Platinum, as well as discovering the distinction in column 1 and also column 2"s rarities in between normal and also Munchlax trees. Lot later, xfix e-mailed me a tip about the opportunity of having only 3 Munchlax trees and how 2 Munchlax trees deserve to be identified from the clearly shows trainer ID. This ar would not exist or have accurate information without their hacking expertise.