4) The junction type that allows neighboring cells exchange small molecules is the
You are watching: Cells that engulf bacteria or cell debris within loose connective tissue are
C) space junction.
D) chop junction.
E) zonula adherens.
5) functions of epithelia include all of the following except
A) offering physical protection.
B) controlling permeability.
D) producing devoted secretions.
E) sustaining muscle cells.
6) Epithelial cells that are adapted for absorption usually have actually ________ in ~ their free surface.
D) junctional complexes
E) Golgi complexes
7) A form of intercellular junction the stops products from cross an epithelium between cells is referred to as a(n)
A) tight junction.
B) void junction.
C) intermediate junction.
E) all of the answers space correct.
8) Dead skin cells are melted in thin sheets since they are held together through "spots" the proteoglycan reinforced by intermediate filaments. Such strong intercellular connections are called
A) gap junctions.
B) intermediary junctions.
C) tight junctions.
E) junctional complexes.
9) Epithelial cell exhibit adjustments that it is adapted them for
10) Epithelium is linked to underlying connective tissue by
B) interfacial canals.
C) a basement membrane.
D) a reticular lamina.
11) Which tissue lines the tiny intestine and the stomach?
A) basic squamous epithelium
B) straightforward cuboidal epithelium
C) simple columnar epithelium
D) pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium
E) stratified squamous epithelium
12) A great of glycoproteins that stays clear of leakage of materials from connective tissues into epithelia is the
A) integral proteins.
B) clear layer.
D) dense layer.
E) floor substance.
13) Epithelia devoted for providing sensations that smell, taste, sight, equilibrium, and hearing are well-known as
D) multilaminar epithelia.
E) protective epithelia.
14) Germinative cells
A) start in the superficial layers of epithelial tissue.
B) cannot division in the deep layers of epithelial tissue.
C) comprise most of the epithelial kind of tissue.
D) divide continually come produce brand-new epithelial cells.
E) cannot duty in the fix of epithelial tissue.
15) In stratified epithelia adjusted to withstand mechanical forces, i beg your pardon of the following varieties of cell-to-cell junctions are especially abundant?
A) chop junctions
B) basolateral junctions
C) gap junctions
16) Close examination of a healthy and balanced organ reveals a lining of number of layers of cells. The layers execute not contain any type of blood vessels and also one surface of the cells lines the cavity the the organ. This organization is a type of
B) muscle tissue.
C) connective tissue.
D) neural tissue.
E) fat tissue.
17) check of a organization sample reveals teams of cells united by junctional complexes and also interlocking membranes. The cells have actually one cost-free surface and also lack blood vessels. The tissue is most likely ________ tissue.
18) Transitional epithelium is found
A) lining the urinary bladder.
B) lining the ducts that drain sweat glands.
C) lining kidney tubules.
D) lining the stomach.
E) in ~ the surface of the skin.
19) The heart and blood vessels room lined by ________ epithelium.
A) pseudostratified columnar
C) an easy cuboidal
D) straightforward columnar
E) straightforward squamous
20) girlfriend would find pseudostratified columnar epithelium lining the
B) urinary bladder.
C) secretory portions of the pancreas.
D) surface of the skin.
21) which of the complying with statements about straightforward epithelia is false?
A) castle afford tiny mechanical protection.
B) They space characteristic of regions where cheap or absorption occurs.
C) they line interior compartments and also passageways.
D) lock cover surfaces based on mechanical or chemistry stress.
E) They are avascular.
22) cell that are flat and also thin room classified as
23) Mesothelium is come the body cavities together endothelium is come the
B) heart and also blood vessels.
C) urinary bladder.
E) big intestine.
24) The epithelia that line human body cavities and blood vessels room classified as
A) straightforward squamous.
B) stratified squamous.
C) an easy cuboidal.
D) stratified cuboidal.
25) Secretions through a duct might carry out ________, whereas ductless secretions act as ________.
A) lubrication; lubricators
B) enzymes; hormones
C) transport media; physical protectors
D) superficial relief; interstitial fluid
E) odors; alarms
26) The two significant types of cabinet layering in epithelia are
A) simple and proper.
B) stratified and pseudostratified.
C) squamous and also simple.
D) straightforward and stratified.
E) cuboidal and columnar.
27) The epithelium that develops air bag in the lung is ________ epithelium.
A) stratified squamous
B) an easy cuboidal
C) an easy squamous
E) simple columnar
28) The function of simple cuboidal epithelium is
A) support and also structure.
B) protection and also transport.
C) phagocytosis and also immunity.
D) absorption and secretion.
E) storage and retrieval.
29) The examine of cells melted from epithelial surfaces, often for diagnostic purposes, is termed
E) exfoliative cytology.
30) The Pap test because that cervical cancer utilizes
E) exfoliative cytology.
31) Glands that secrete hormones into the interstitial liquid are ________ glands.
32) Cells the are dedicated for secretion
A) have a totally free surface the is flat.
B) have a tiny nucleus.
C) are usually squamous.
D) exhibition polarity.
E) are discovered only in the cradle system.
33) Watery perspiration is an example of a(n) ________ secretion.
34) Glands that secrete your product through the bursting that cells space ________ glands.
35) The pancreas produce ________ secretions.
A) serous and sebaceous
B) mucous and also acid
C) merocrine and holocrine
D) exocrine and also endocrine
E) secretory and absorptive
37) A gland formed by cell arranged in a remote pocket through a single unbranched duct would certainly be called
A) basic tubular.
B) straightforward alveolar.
C) link tubular.
D) compound alveolar.
38) i beg your pardon of the following tissues are classified together "connective tissue proper"?
1. Areolar connective tissue
2. Adipose tissue
4. Dense irregular connective tissue
A) 3 and 4
B) 1, 2, and 3
C) 1 and also 2
D) 1, 2, and also 4
E) 1 and also 3
39) Which cabinet produces the protein yarn in areolar connective tissue?
A) squamous cell
41) The viscous material between cells the areolar connective tissue is referred to as the
B) soil substance.
E) gel matrix.
42) cell that save fat room called
43) The structure or stroma of offal such as the spleen, liver, and lymph nodes is comprised of ________ tissue.
A) loose connective
B) constant dense connective
C) irregular dense connective
D) reticular connective
44) The dominant fiber type in thick connective organization is
45) each of the following is an instance of dense connective tissue except
D) areolar tissue.
E) elastic tissue.
46) The 3 categories of connective tissues are
A) connective organization proper, liquid connective tissue, and supporting connective tissue.
B) epithelial connective tissue, muscle connective tissue, and neural connective tissue.
C) glandular connective tissue, exocrine connective tissue, and endocrine connective tissue.
D) connective tissue proper, cartilage connective tissue, and bone connective tissue.
E) areolar connective tissue, adipose connective tissue, and also dense connective tissue
47) two classes of macrophages include
A) mesenchymal cells and also melanocytes.
B) mast cells and basophils.
C) addressed macrophages and cost-free macrophages.
D) neutrophils and also eosinophils.
E) microphages and also adipocytes.
48) Two varieties of microphages include
A) mesenchymal cells and melanocytes.
B) mast cells and also basophils.
C) fixed macrophages and complimentary macrophages.
D) neutrophils and also eosinophils.
E) microphages and also adipocytes.
49) organization that carry out strength and also support for locations subjected come stresses from plenty of directions are
A) all connective organization proper.
B) elastic and hyaline cartilage.
C) dense irregular connective tissues.
D) reticular connective tissues.
E) dense consistent connective tissues.
50) What kind of cell makes up almost half the volume of blood?
51) Wharton"s jelly is a form of
A) Marfan"s syndrome.
B) mucous connective tissue.
C) ground substance.
D) collagen fiber.
E) embryonic epithelium.
52) which of the complying with connective organization cells produces collagen?
D) mast cells
53) ________ attach skeletal muscle to bones, and also ________ attach one bone to another.
A) Ligaments; tendons
B) Ligaments; aponeuroses
C) Tendons; ligaments
D) Aponeuroses; tendons
E) Reticular tissues; tendons
54) The three types of protein yarn in connective organization are
A) tendons, ligaments, and elastic ligaments.
B) loose, dense, and irregular.
C) cartilage, bone, and collagen.
D) collagen, reticular, and elastic.
E) polar, cellular, and also permeable.
55) The color distinction between white fat and also brown fat exists due to the fact that brown fat
A) includes active melanocytes.
B) is more superficial.
C) catch pollutants.
D) is highly vascular.
E) is an ext mature.
56) Cells the engulf bacteria or cabinet debris within loose connective tissue are
D) mast cells.
57) loose connective tissue functions in every one of the following ways except
A) providing solid connections in between muscles and also bones.
B) supporting epithelia.
C) anchoring blood vessels and also nerves.
D) cushioning and also stabilizing.
E) pour it until it is full spaces in between organs.
58) antitoxin are developed by
C) plasma cells.
D) mast cells.
59) Cells that respond come injury by separating to aid in connective organization repair are
A) mast cells.
D) mesenchymal cells.
60) The most common form of cartilage is ________ cartilage.
62) Chondroitin sulfate is numerous in the procession of
A) epithelial tissue.
C) areolar tissue.
D) elastic connective tissue.
E) adipose tissue.
63) Which kind of connective tissue is found in the trachea and also between the ribs and sternum?
A) areolar connective tissue
B) hyaline cartilage
C) elastic cartilage
D) fibrous cartilage
E) dense consistent connective tissue
64) A tissue v a gelatin matrix and cells inside lacunae is
A) areolar connective tissue.
E) dense consistent connective tissue.
65) Cartilage is separated from bordering tissues by a fibrous
B) floor substance.
66) Chondrocytes space to cartilage together osteocytes space to
E) neural tissue.
67) damages to a joint cartilage is influence which type of tissue?
A) fluid connective tissue
B) dense connective tissue
C) supporting connective tissue
D) loose connective tissue
E) adipose tissue
68) unlike cartilage, bone
A) is a connective tissue.
B) has actually a procession that includes collagen.
C) is very vascular.
D) has actually an outer covering.
E) has actually cells in ~ lacunae.
69) i m sorry of the adhering to membranes heat cavities that interact with the exterior that the body?
70) The palliation of friction between the parietal and also visceral surfaces of an inner cavity is the role of
A) cutaneous membranes.
B) mucous membranes.
C) serous membranes.
D) synovial membranes.
E) the lamina propria.
71) The serous membrane lining the abdominal muscle cavity is the
72) The ax transudate describes fluid associated with
A) rubber membranes.
B) mammary glands.
C) cutaneous membranes.
D) serous membranes.
E) endocrine glands.
73) microscope examination of a organization reveals a loosened framework the fibers embedded in a large volume of fluid ground substance and adipocytes and mast cells fibers. This tissue would many likely have come native the
A) inner wall surface of a blood vessel.
D) superficial fascia in between skin and also muscle.
E) bony socket the the eye.
74) The structure of connective tissue in between the skin and also underlying muscles is called the
B) superficial fascia.
C) deep fascia.
D) subcutaneous layer.
E) subserous fascia.
75) i m sorry of the following refers come the thick connective organization that surrounds a muscle and also blends with the tendon?
A) superficial fascia
C) deep fascia
D) subserous fascia
E) subcutaneous layer
76) organization that is specialized for contraction is ________ tissue.
A) loosened connective
B) thick connective
77) Myosatellite cell are uncovered in association v ________ muscle.
E) both smooth and also cardiac
78) Intercalated discs and pacemaker cells space characteristic that ________ tissue.
A) smooth muscle
B) cardiac muscle
C) bones muscle
D) all species of muscle
79) The muscle tissue that mirrors no striations is ________ muscle.
80) organization that is dedicated for the conduction of electric impulses is ________ tissue.
81) all of the adhering to are true the neurons except that
A) once mature, they lose the capability to divide.
B) they command a concerned impulse.
C) they room composed the a cabinet body and also axon.
D) they room a very devoted form of connective tissue.
E) they room separated indigenous one one more by synapses.
82) throughout an inflammatory an answer to injury, i beg your pardon of the complying with is the least most likely in the region of the injury?
A) increase in basophils
B) boost in histamine
C) increase in blood flow
D) cold, pale skin
83) The irreversible replacement of regular tissue by fibrous tissue is called
84) Tissue transforms with period include all of the following except
A) less reliable tissue maintenance.
B) proliferation the epidermal cells.
C) thinner epithelia.
D) much more fragile connective tissues.
E) decreased capacity to repair tissue damage.
1) The study of tissues is called
2) an epithelial cell deserve to be separated into two sensible regions. They space the ________ and the basal surface.
3) ________ space proteins that connect surrounding cells at a gap junction.
4) The epithelium that lines the human body cavities is known as
6) i beg your pardon of the adhering to glands have a compound quite than a basic structure?
A) salivary glands
B) sebaceous glands
C) mucous glands
D) sweat glands
E) gastric glands
7) The process of lactation (milk production) depends on both merocrine and ________ cheap by mammary gland epithelial cells.
8) The viscous component of connective tissue is called
A) basal layer.
B) soil substance.
9) The combination of fibers and ground problem in sustaining connective tissues is recognized as
10) The watery liquid component of blood is called
B) fluid elements.
C) formed elements.
11) In areolar connective tissue, ________ cells relax histamine.
12) The three significant subdivisions the extracellular fluid found in the body room plasma, interstitial fluid, and
A) synovial fluid.
E) serous fluid.
13) Interstitial liquid that start a lymphatic courage is called
D) humoral fluid.
E) plasmin fluid.
14) The 3 kinds the formed aspects in blood space erythrocytes, leukocytes, and
D) plasma cells.
E) mast cells.
15) Lymphocytes can construct into cells that secrete defense proteins versus disease. These cells are termed ________, while these proteins are called antibodies.
A) T cells
B) B cells
C) plasma cells
16) Defense cell in blood are referred to as white blood cells or
17) Antiangiogenesis factor is a chemical developed by ________ that blocks the expansion of blood vessels.
E) mesenchymal cells
18) A herniated bowl is one injury that the pads of cartilage in between the vertebrae in i m sorry the cartilage bulges from common position. What kind of cartilage is affected?
19) growth of cartilage by buildup of matrix about chondrocytes is called ________ growth.
20) In ________ growth, cartilage grows more comprehensive or more thick in diameter.
21) Epithelia and also connective tissues combine to kind ________ that cover and also protect other structures and tissues in the body.
C) organ capsules
D) cutaneous layers
E) human body membranes
22) The loosened connective tissue component the a mucous membrane is referred to as the
A) lamina densa.
B) basal lamina.
C) areolar lamina.
D) lamina propria.
E) mucina lamina.
23) build-up of fluid in the peritoneal cavity as a an outcome of liver or kidney disease, malnutrition, or heart failure is well-known as
See more: 43 Centimeters Is How Many Inches, 43 Cm To In 43 Centimeters To Inches
24) The function of ________ is to propagate electrical signals indigenous one location to another.